Development Engineer – Assembly (m/f/x)
Are you a driven Engineer with an experience in polymers, chemical engineering and/or materials sciences and with a strong interest in generating product and material development? Are you passionate about the circular economy, textiles, and technology? Join us in leading the clean-tech revolution that will shape the future of fashion!
Resortecs – REcycling, SORting, TEChnologieS – is an award-winning start-up that develops Design for Disassembly solutions. We drive full circularity in the fashion industry with heat-dissolvable stitching threads and thermal disassembly systems that make textile recycling easy.
As a Development Engineer at Resortecs, you will manage the (further) development of active disassembly joining techniques applicable in fashion and textiles. You take over the Smart Stitch™ thread development and validation, as well as take the lead in the development of new techniques/innovations. You will have a key role in the technical team and report directly to the CTO.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
1. Manage (new) research & development
• Execute desk research and feasibility study including: product concept research, material research, cost and investment estimation, as well as new technologies and materials. (TRL 1-4)
• Identify and manage expert research centres and co-operate with industrial partners (polymer suppliers, spinning and twining companies, and brands).
• Validate prototypes in lab and real/industrial settings. (TRL 5-9)
• Assist the C-suite in building the Product Development Strategy.
• Contribute actively during the ideation phase of Resortecs products and processes.
2. Support production planning & market preparation
• Assess the economic viability of the innovation and the product-market fit of the solution within the technical team as well as together with the sales and marketing team.
• Support production and quality team during scaling production from pilot to industrial scale.
• Support sales, quality, technical support teams with troubleshooting.
• Collect feedback from sales and marketing teams to ensure the needed product enhancements and enlarge the product portfolio.
• Analyse the competition landscape and be aware of technology trends and changes.
3. Admin and IP
• Lead funding and subsidy demand/procedures.
• Support the patent office with patent drafting together with CTO.
• Collect and manage all information and reports on the internal and external development of new products and register all data into our internal reports and tracking system.
• You have a master degree in engineering and minimum 2 years of experience: materials science, polymers science or textile engineering
• You are perseverant in nature, result oriented and have a challenge mindset/not afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone.
• You are a confident and independent fast learner, can work under pressure and tackle challenges on your own while being a real teamplayer.
• You are open-minded and flexible; you thrive when working on diverse tasks and can adapt to changes.
• You are knowledgeable or passionate about circular economy and smart materials.
• You have a creative mindset and innovative thinking and problem solving skills.
• You have good communication skills and are fluent in English. Knowledge of any other language is a plus.
• You have strong PC/Mac literacy, good knowledge in Excel and CES selector.
• Travel mobility & driving licence is a plus.
• You want to have a positive impact on society and nature
• A dynamic and challenging start-up environment:
– you will be part of a small and driven international team that is leading the transition towards the circular economy.
• Huge personal and professional growth:
– join a position with substantial responsibilities, networking opportunities and a rapid-progress learning in an innovative atmosphere.
• A competitive salary package with extra-legal benefits like meal checks, extensive hospital and group insurance, and green mobility budget.
Sounds like a job for you? Apply on LinkedIn or send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Resortecs strives to grow an inclusive environment, where individual differences are recognized, respected, and responded to in every possible way that makes our people thrive. That’s why all applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, language, disability, religion, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints help us build a more resilient, fun, and innovative future for fashion.