Material science engineer – polymers (m/f)
Brussels – Belgium • contract duration unspecified • full time
Are you passionate about technology, circular economy, as well as technical product development? Be part of this journey of leading clean-tech in the fashion and textile industry.
Resortecs, a brand by Regeneration bvba and startup founded in 2017, is specialized in the development of technologies that support textile and fashion companies in reaching business sustainability performance targets and their vision to become 100% circular.
Resortecs’ innovations and techniques represent key solutions to reduce the environmental impact of the textile industry, as well as to tackle the challenges of producing products for a growing world population while operating within the planetary boundaries and ensuring long-term business success.
Resortecs won the Global Change Award of the H&M foundation for its first technology: the smart stitch dissolvable stitching thread.
As materials/polymer science engineer you are managing the (further) development of active disassembly joining techniques applicable in fashion and textiles. You take over the dissolvable stitching thread project, and will contribute actively in the development of new techniques/innovations that will be launched soon. Hereby you have the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Be responsible and take the lead in the industrial production of the thread and polymers.
- Take charge and technical responsibility during pilot/prototype productions and tests.
- Manage external research centers and co-operate with industrial partners (polymer suppliers, spinning and twining companies, and brands), as well as patent office and IP lawyers.
- Support funding and subsidy demand/procedures.
- Execute desk research and feasibility study including: product concept research, material research, cost and investment estimation, as well as new technologies and materials.
- Collect all information and reports on the internal and external development of new products and register all data into internal reports and tracking system.
- Contribute actively during the ideation phase of the product and process.
- Contribute actively during business concept developments with (future) clients.
- You have a master degree in engineering: materials science, polymer science, chemistry or textile engineering
- You want to have a positive impact on society and nature.
- You are perseverant in nature, result oriented and have a challenge mindset/not afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You are knowledgeable or passionate about circular economy and smart materials.
- You are confident and independent fast learner, can work under pressure and tackle challenges on your own.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German is a plus.
- You have strong PC/Mac literacy, good knowledge in Excel, CAD (Solidworks/fusion360), CES selector.
- Travel mobility required.
- A dynamic and challenging startup environment: you will be part of a small, motivated and young team that is leading the transition towards the circular economy.
- Huge personal growth and learning curve in a highly exciting and innovative environment.
- A varied function with a lot of responsibilities.
- Market conform/competitive salary.
You want to apply? Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org