Business Developer – Sales (m/f/x)
Brussels, Belgium – full-time and on-site, permanent contract
Are you a driven Business Developer with strong account management and sales expertise? Are you passionate about technology, innovation, and sustainability? Join us in leading the clean-tech revolution that will shape the future of fashion!
Resortecs – REcycling, SORting, TEChnologieS – is an eco-design frontrunner, leading the circular transition in fashion with design for disassembly. Resortecs makes textile recycling easy for brands, sorters, and recyclers with heat-dissolvable stitching threads and thermal disassembly systems. Automating textile disassembly to simplify and accelerate textile recycling.
As a Sales at Resortecs, your mission is to create long-term, value-based partnerships with fashion brands, collector-sorters, recyclers, and institutions, looking to enter the circular economy. You will execute the go-to-market strategy to support the adoption of Resortecs as the new thread standard in the emerging circular textile industry. By asking strategic questions and clarifying the financial, operational, and environmental benefits of the Resortecs solutions, you will guide and support potential clients through their circular transition journey.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
1. Present Resortecs’ unique value proposition to different client profiles, by identifying the customer’s pain and by highlighting the environmental, social, legal/compliance and financial impact of adopting our (eco-design) solutions.
2. Own your entire sales & pilots pipeline, guiding prospects and leads from awareness to purchase while dealing with different key stakeholders (from sustainability champions and R&D experts to business and commercial leads).
• Follow up your accounts and (multi-stakeholder) deals in the CRM.
• Collect valuable customer information during meetings, via (y)our network and by analyzing public information, to reinforce and clarify the Resortecs value proposition.
• Follow up by mail or phone to check status, and ensure rhythm/speed by proactively reaching out to customers to obtain responses if the waiting time becomes too long.
• Build business cases to prepare future off-take and pricing negotiations throughout the client onboarding process (i.e. pilot).
• Identify and map potential leads, and find ways to contact them.
• Lead value-based sales meetings to gather information on the customer and be able to identify the right value proposition for them.
3. Develop a strong, OKR-driven account management routine, addressing customers’ needs and issues, ensuring repeated orders by understanding their decision-making processes. Monitor and report on sales progressions, performance against budget, forecast revenue, and other key metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis; and report to our Head of Sales and/or CEO.
4. Identify, together with our Growth Hacker, new business opportunities, prioritizing and targeting prospects based on product fit, revenue, growth potential, brand fit, geographic alignment, and solvency; and valorise Resortecs’ strong marketing funnel in collaboration with the marketing team.
5. Align with our CSO and stay up to date on our sustainability and impact strategy, our potential LCA offerings to Resortecs clients, and the (European) Circular and Sustainable Textiles legislation.
6. Keep track of inventory and support export & import operations, following up on invoicing, payments and deliveries in collaboration with the Head of Production and CFO.
7. Work closely with our Technical team (incl. CTO and Development Engineers) and facilitate joint problem solving, surface improvement ideas, and drive innovative and scalable service solutions based on customer and market insights.
8. Support the quality team with customer support and after sales service – including troubleshooting; and support our communication team when preparing fairs and events.
• You are a seasoned Business Developer with solid product launch experience and a proven track record of driving value-based sales.
• You have strong project management skills and can build business cases from scratch. You’re not afraid of data analysis or negotiations, and are able to manage complex multi-stakeholder deals.
• You have a degree in Business Administration (or equivalent experience). Experience in Sustainability, product development, and textile industry (e.g. Fashion or Workwear) is a plus.
• You are tenacious and are able to manage long sales cycles without losing momentum.
• You are fluent in English. French, Italian, German or Spanish are a plus.
• You have strong PC/Mac literacy with a very good knowledge of Excel (P&L/value modeling). CRM tools like Hubspot, Salesforce and Sales Navigator are your playground!
• You are a confident and independent fast learner who can work under pressure and tackle challenges head-on.
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, dealing at ease with different profiles – from factory floor workers to C-level executives.
• Travel mobility is required, a driving license is a plus.
• Last but not least, you are a true team player looking to have a positive impact on society and nature!
• A dynamic and challenging start-up environment: you will be part of a growing international team that is leading the transition towards the circular economy.
• Huge personal and professional growth: join a position with substantial responsibilities, networking opportunities and rapid-progress learning in an innovative atmosphere.
• A competitive salary package with extra-legal benefits like meal checks, extensive hospital and group insurance, eco-cheques and green mobility budget.
Sounds like a job for you?
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Resortecs strives to grow an inclusive environment, where individual differences are recognized, respected and responded to in every possible way that makes our people thrive. That’s why all applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, language, disability, religion, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints help us build a more resilient, fun, and innovative future for fashion.