Head of Sales (m/f/x)
Brussels, Belgium – full-time and on-site, permanent contract
(Starting date: January 2024)
Are you a driven commercial strategist ready to lead the marketing and sales of a fast-paced, rapid-growth start-up? Are you passionate about the circular economy, the textile industry, and technology? Join us in leading the clean-tech revolution that will shape the future of fashion!
Resortecs – REcycling, SORting, TEChnologieS – is an eco-design frontrunner, leading the circular transition in fashion with design for disassembly. Resortecs makes textile recycling easy for brands, sorters, and recyclers with heat-dissolvable stitching threads and thermal disassembly systems. Automating textile disassembly to simplify and accelerate textile recycling.
As Head of Sales at Resortecs, you will lead sales and marketing activities. You will play a crucial role in defining the business strategy, building and managing a team of sales and account managers specialised in value-based selling, and driving the implementation of targeted marketing lead generation campaigns in close collaboration with the communications department.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
1. Build and lead the sales, key account management and communications team:
• Establishing realistic and achievable goals, defining the marketing strategy, motivating and assessing the team’s performance with a strong OKR-driven routine.
• Align marketing and sales funnel in collaboration with the growth hacker and communications, as well as technical and sustainability leadership.
2. Drive growth and company value:
• Develop the go-to-market strategy to support the adoption of Resortecs as the new thread standard in the emerging circular textile industry. Improve Resortecs’ internal and external sales/marketing protocols that ensure a good understanding by the customer of our value proposition. Where needed, build the required business cases and models.
• Validate and optimise the market segmentation and focus areas. Build personalised, targeted approach to sales.
• Optimise the existing sales funnel by identifying bottlenecks and improvement areas.
• Oversee and drive inbound and outbound lead generation efforts together with the marketing and communications teams.
• Negotiate and co-drive long-term contracts (i.e. offtakes) with key accounts and strategic partners.
3. Monitor and report on sales progressions, performance against budget, forecast revenue, and other key metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis; and report to CFO and CEO.
4. Assess customer satisfaction and provide business insights for the development of Resortecs products, services and systems; and lead new product launches with the support of the technical, logistics and production team. Recommend changes in pricing where appropriate.
5. Align with our CSO and stay up to date on our sustainability and impact strategy, potential LCA offerings for Resortecs clients, and the (European) Circular and Sustainable Textiles legislation.
• You have more than 10 years of experience leading commercial teams – experience in internationalisation and/or textile is a plus.
• You have a master in Business and Administration, Marketing and/or equivalent. Experience in Sustainability, product development, and textile industry (e.g. Fashion or Workwear) is a plus.
• You are a team leader and have coaching and leadership experience.
• You’re not afraid of data analysis nor negotiations, and are able to manage complex multi-stakeholder deals.
• You are a confident and independent fast learner who can work under pressure and tackle challenges head-on. You are an open-minded and flexible problem solver. You thrive when working on diverse tasks and can adapt to changes.
• You are not afraid to challenge people and ask difficult questions.
• You are tenacious and are able to manage long sales cycles without losing momentum.
• You have excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Italian, German, Spanish, or French is a plus.
• You have strong PC/Mac literacy with a very good knowledge of Excel (P&L/value modelling). CRM tools like Hubspot, Salesforce and Sales Navigator are your playground!
• You are open to travel or work abroad if necessary.
• Last but not least, you are a true team player looking to have a positive impact on society and nature!
• A dynamic and challenging start-up environment: you will be part of a small and driven international team that is leading the transition towards the circular economy.
• Huge personal and professional growth: join a position with substantial responsibilities, networking opportunities and rapid learning in an innovative atmosphere.
• A competitive salary package with extra-legal benefits like meal checks, extensive hospital and group insurance, and green mobility budget.
Sounds like a job for you? Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Resortecs strives to grow an inclusive environment, where individual differences are recognized, respected and responded to in every possible way that makes our people thrive. That’s why all applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, language, disability, religion, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints help us build a more resilient, fun, and innovative future for fashion.