Innovation Engineer (m/f/x)
Are you a driven Engineer with a strong interest in generating knowledge from experimentation? Are you passionate about the circular economy, textiles, and technology? Join us in leading the clean-tech revolution that will shape the future of fashion!
Resortecs – REcycling, SORting, TEChnologieS – is an award-winning start-up that develops Design for Disassembly solutions. We drive full circularity in the fashion industry with heat-dissolvable stitching threads and thermal disassembly systems that make textile recycling easy.
As an Innovation Engineer at Resortecs, you will lead all operations linked to Resortecs’ first thermal disassembly system (our industrial oven for garment disassembly) and manage different test campaigns to demonstrate our innovative technology to the world (i.e customers, investors, partners).
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
1. Manage and operate Resortecs’ batch thermal disassembly system (“Smart Disassembly™ system”):
• Plan and carry out daily operations and maintenance routines
• Define and perform internal test protocols for different types of textile products
• Analyse and write test reports from A-to-Z for customers
• Manage characterization tests of textiles with external partners
• Collaborate with the Sales teams and our customers to assess textile products’ disassembly feasibility / scalability
2. Supervise the characterization of the disassembly process’ by-products:
• Define and implement protocols to record, predict and characterize the potential by-products (i.e fluids) generated during the disassembly process
• When required, implement processing and filtering methods to prevent environmental and safety hazards
• Extrapolate the approach and learnings to best practices for the future Smart Disassembly™ systems
3. Lead Resortecs’ know-how creation and best practices:
• Manage the disassembly know-how recording through internal test reports
• Use learnings to define disassembly best practices
• Collaborate and coordinate with the technical team to ensure optimal deconstruction of textile products from the design phase
4. Support the development of new Smart Disassembly™ systems:
• Contribute actively during all product development phases, from ideation to product development with external partners (i.e research centres and machine suppliers)
• Feed in usability learnings from the batch disassembly oven as design inputs for the large-scale continuous disassembly system
• Support desk research and feasibility studies for new thermal disassembly systems (product concept research, material research, cost/investment estimate, new technologies & materials)
• Support funding and subsidy applications/procedures.
• You have a Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Textile Engineering , or you are a Mechanical, Process or Chemical Engineer with a proven industrial experience in the textile industry
• You have at least 2 years of experience
• You want to have a positive impact on society and nature
• You are passionate about testing and generating knowledge through experimentation on a new process
• You have a hands-on approach and can roll up your sleeves when needed
• You are confident, independent, and a fast learner with strong analytical skills who can work under pressure
• You are open-minded and flexible; you thrive when working on diverse tasks and can adapt to changes
• You have excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of French, Dutch or German is a plus
• You have PC/Mac literacy and have basic knowledge in Excel, CAD (Autodesk/Fusion 360), and CFD/FEA simulation
• Travel mobility & driving license required.
• A dynamic and challenging start-up environment: you will be part of a small and driven international team that is leading the transition towards the circular economy.
• Huge personal and professional growth: join a position with substantial responsibilities, networking opportunities, and rapid-progress learning in an innovative atmosphere.
• Internship compensation package: monthly allowance and meal expenses.
Sounds like a job for you? Apply on LinkedIn or send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Resortecs strives to grow an inclusive environment, where individual differences are recognized, respected, and responded to in every possible way that makes our people thrive. That’s why all applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, language, disability, religion, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints help us build a more resilient, fun, and innovative future for fashion.