Test Engineering Intern for Assembly (m/f/x)
Are you a driven Engineering student with a strong interest in generating knowledge from experimentation? Are you passionate about the circular economy, fashion, as well as technology? Join us in leading the clean-tech revolution that will shape the future of fashion!
Resortecs – REcycling, SORting, TEChnologieS – is an award-winning start-up that develops Design for Disassembly solutions. We drive full circularity in the fashion industry with heat-dissolvable stitching threads and thermal disassembly systems that make textile recycling easy.
As a Test Engineering Intern in our Assembly Team, you will support the development and validation of Resortecs’ assembly products (i.e. Smart Stitch™). Smart Stitch™ are Resortecs’ low-melting point stitching threads and the key components in our innovative technology. You will participate in the following tasks:
(1) Testing of Resortecs’ assembly products
• Characterize existing Resortecs’ threads and new prototypes.
• Assess and understand the properties of Resortecs’ threads and validate new prototypes by performing in-house and outsourced tests.
• Analyse textile fabrics from brands.
• Carry out desk research to anticipate potential challenges and organize the relevant tests to address them.
(2) R&D developments
• Assist and collaborate in the development of new products.
• Identify the needs and requirements of our clients.
• Assess the existing market, evaluate the economic feasibility, and plan the timeline and required resources.
(3) Know-how safeguarding
• Compile and document all the learnings on the Resortecs assembly products through testing or desk research as well as update and improve the test protocols when relevant.
•You are an Engineering student with a specialization in textile engineering, material science or equivalent.
• Knowledge and/or interest in textiles or polymer materials is important.
• You are hands-on and perseverant by nature, results-oriented, and have a pragmatic mindset.
• You are meticulous and have an interest in experiments and testing.
• You are a confident and independent fast learner, you can tackle challenges on your own.
• You have very good communication skills in English. Dutch or French speaking is a plus.
• You have strong PC/Mac literacy.
• You want to have a positive impact on society and nature.
• A dynamic and challenging start-up environment: you will be part of a small and driven international team that is leading the transition toward the circular economy.
• Strong personal and professional growth: join a position with substantial responsibilities, networking opportunities, and rapid-progress learning in an innovative atmosphere.
• Internship compensation package: monthly allowance and meal expenses.
Sounds like a job for you? Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Resortecs strives to grow an inclusive environment, where individual differences are recognized, respected and responded to in every possible way that makes our people thrive. That’s why all applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, language, disability, religion, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints help us build a more resilient, fun, and innovative future for fashion.